Friday, October 10, 2008

Conversational Terrorism

This article was quite interesting for me to read. It was fun to evaluate myself on which "conversational terrorisms" I use on a daily basis. Working at an elementary school, I catch myself using the 'listen up', telling kids that if they would listen to me the first time I give directions their life as well as mine would be so much easier! The 'complimentary insult' is one I'm guilty of using on my friends and family often. If you really stop and think about what your saying and how your saying it, I think most people are not only converastional terrorists, but also victims. One of my personal favorites I've heard a lot is the 'I'm not saying this, but...' People say that all the time! Watch what you say people, it can have negative effects in ways you never intended.

No comments: